David Lee Mediation provides services to the Wide Bay area including Hervey Bay, Maryborough, Bundaberg and Childers.
I am accredited as a mediator under the National Mediation Accreditation Standards (NMAS).
I am a natural communicator and facilitator who can assist the parties in a dispute to articulate their interests rather than their positions.
Mediation as a form of alternate dispute resolution has many benefits including:
- The mediator is impartial and does not decide upon the merits of the dispute.
- The quick, timely and efficient resolution of a dispute.
- Can assist the parties to meet their legislative obligations under the Civil Dispute Resolution Act 2011 (Cth)
- An opportunity for the parties to articulate their concerns.
- The parties may avoid costly litigation.
- The mediation is confidential.
The key elements in my mediation service are:
1. An intake interview
I conduct an intake interview with each party for the purpose of getting to know and understand the party’s concerns and ascertain whether or not the dispute is suitable for mediation.
2. A Mediation Agreement
A mediation agreement is established, to document the process of the mediation including a confidentiality clause.
3. The Mediation
I take the parties through the mediation by using a structured and informative process which allows the parties to identify their concerns.
If the parties settle their dispute, I document that agreement and the parties are then referred to their legal representatives so that a formal settlement agreement can be concluded.
About David Lee
My vision is to be the leading provider of ‘best practice’ mediation services in the Wide Bay area by 2021.
I have more than thirty years’ experience in the health care sector including over fifteen years as a Chief Executive Officer of public hospitals and residential aged care facilities. My diverse knowledge, skills and qualifications have equipped me to fulfil the role of a mediator.
- Master of Law (Commercial Litigation) (in progress)
- Master of Commerce (Professional Accounting)
- Bachelor of Nursing (Distinction)
- Graduate Diploma in Legal Practice
- Graduate Diploma in Company Secretarial Practice
- Diploma in Law
- Graduate Australian Institute of Company Directors
- Australian National Mediation Accreditation
- Admitted as an Australian Lawyer in the Supreme Court of Victoria
- Defence Force Medal